Documenting Your newborn in the comfort of your own home!
Are you wondering what the benefits are to having your newborn photos taken in your own home? I've compiled a brief list of reasons why it's beneficial.
- You don't have to leave the house. Being new parents is an amazing and beautiful thing, it's also a major life change. Trying to get everyone looking their best and out the door on schedule to arrive on time to the studio can add unnecessary stress. When newborn photos are done in your own home, you don't have to make sure the diaper bag is fully packed, that you didn't forget anything. If mom or dad didn't have a chance to change into the outfit they were planning on wearing before I arrived, they can do that while set-up and start taking a few photos of their baby.
- Your home is part of the story of your family. Did you work super hard to create a beautiful nursery for baby? Do you love the color of the paint in your living room? This is where you are spending such a beautiful time of growth for your family and you have worked hard to make your home a space that you love and that makes your family feel safe and loved.
- In home lifestyle sessions are significantly safer. There's no better place for baby to be than in mom and dad's arms. Many of the poses used in posed newborn sessions are unnatural and also dangerous, which is why I don't do them.
- It's easier to include furry friends, siblings and even grandparents. Do you have puppies that were your first child, as much a part of the family as anyone else? During in home sessions we can bring them in for a portion of the session, or the entire session. Do you want your parents in a couple photos with their new grandchild? They can easily be included. Do you have older kids? In home sessions help them to feel comfortable and relaxed. It also gives opportunity for them to take breaks and go play a bit while we aren't taking photos of them
- The timeline is more flexible. Generally studio newborn sessions need to be done in the first 10 days after a baby is born. Sometime that simple isn't possible or doesn't give parents enough time to adjust and recover physically. Because in home lifestyle newborn sessions don't require as much complex swaddling and posing, the timeline can be extended and we can schedule a session anytime within the first month